Legal Project Management (LPM) Part 2: The Agile Lawyer
This course provides the fundamentals of “Agile Project Management” and explores how legal professionals can beneficiate by applying Agile best practices to the delivery of legal services.
Agile is a modern and flexible approach to project management with a focus on delivering value at the foremost, adapting to changes, continuous improvement, and constant client’s feedback.
Implementing an Agile mindset helps lawyers to fine-tune the legal work by considering what is valuable for their clients and so becoming more client-centric, flexible to accommodate changes and reprioritize work and at the same time embracing a team culture of collaboration, cross functionality, and continuous improvement.
This course also guides lawyers on implementing adequate fee arrangements and more specifically achieving Value-Based Fee Arrangements, to respond to the market demands of more predictability without compromising firms’ quality and profitability.
Agile Legal Project Management Essentials
- Differences between Waterfall and Agile – Agile frameworks.
- The Agile Mindset in the legal services – Are you an Agile lawyer?
- The Agile Manifesto for lawyers.
- Introduction to Scrum and its application to legal matters.
- Benefits of going Agile.
Budget and Pricing in legal matters
- Choosing the Adequate Fee Arrangement – Selling time Vs. Selling value.
- Delivering value and maximizing profits – Achieving Value-based fee arrangements.
- To have an understanding of the key Agile concepts and the importance and benefits of applying Agile to the legal practice.
- To learn the fundamentals of Scrum and its application to the legal matters.
- To be able to differentiate and decide the right framework to use for the legal matters whether Waterfall, Agile or hybrid approaches.
- To decide and implement the Adequate Fee Arrangements by focusing on delivering “value” and cost predictability.