Introduction to Legal Project Management (LPM)
This course provides the foundation of Legal Project Management as a strategy and approach to enhance the delivery of the legal services.
LPM recognizes that legal matters are projects and therefore, to manage them more efficiently, legal professionals need to embrace project management practices.
LPM provides a framework for managing legal matters successfully, including the management of the project constraints, risk assessment, stakeholder engagement, client communication, process improvement, technology implementation and development of soft skills.
- What is Legal Project Management?
- Beyond Project Management principles and methodologies.
- The benefits of applying Project Management to the legal profession.
- The effective management of legal projects/matters. Projects vs. Processes.
- Introduction to the LPM Competency Framework: The 4-phase legal matter lifecycle and the 10 knowledge areas.
- The project constraints in the legal context: Cost – Time – Scope – Quality.
- The Legal Project Manager profile. Career path.
- To have an understanding of the key LPM concepts and the importance and benefits of applying project management to the legal matters.
- To become conversant in Project Management terminology as applied to the legal practice.
- To assess the maturity level of your practice in terms of project management, identify areas for improvement and how LPM can add value to them.
- To have an understanding on how to develop a career as a Legal Project Manager and how to differentiate from other legal professionals.