Regulation of Marketing, Advertising, & Promotion & Intro to DAOs
Regulation of Marketing, Advertising, and Promotion
Marketing regulation is an important aspect of the virtual economy. It helps protect consumers and investors, while also ensuring that financial institutions and businesses are compliant with applicable laws and regulations. The standards help build a sustainable digital ecosystem that protects both consumers and businesses. It aims to protect investors from deceptive marketing and advertising practices as well as from fraud by setting clear expectations for sustainable development.
• Identify the scope of the application and general restrictions
• Explain authorisation and licensing requirements
• Explore specific requirements and activities to carry out marketing & promotional activities
• Discuss provisions to monitor, enforce, and penalties for non-compliance
Intro to Decentralised Autonomous Organisations (DAOs)
Decentralised Autonomous Organisations (DAOs) are becoming increasingly popular as a mechanism for allocating and managing capital and virtual assets through the wider adoption of blockchain technology. DAOs have the potential to improve functional and social engagement in running innovative companies, but they also present many legal, regulatory and operational challenges. This session will provide relevant insights into the framework of DAOs, their governance processes and operations, in order to help participants better understand their potential for future organisation structures.
• Explain the fundamentals and functions of Decentralised Autonomous Organisations (DAOs)
• Compare and contrast governance frameworks with traditional companies
• Explore the operations and potentials of DAOs for innovative companies
• Recognize the legal, regulatory and operational challenges of DAOs