Intellectual Property Framework in the UAE: Local law and global trends
The aim of this course is to:
• Review updated laws in the UAE in regards to trade marks, copyright, patents and designs following changes introduced for the Year of the 50th;
• Consider the difference between the various intellectual property rights and how they can be utilised to protect intellectual property assets;
• Examine case studies from an international aspect and ‘take aways’ that can be applied from a UAE perspective;
• Understand the changing nature of a digital and social media world and the effect this has on intellectual property rights; and
• Enable attendees to identify how these concepts area interconnected, appreciate the goal of a public/private balance for intellectual property rights, and how to spot ‘red flag’ issues.