Data Protection Law (E-learning Course) (Arabic Language) BB15
A federal law has been issued on the 20th of September 2021 (and became effective on the 2nd of January 2022) providing a legal framework for the protection of personal data, aligning as such the UAE with the international best practices on data protection principles.
In this course, we will tackle the following topics:
1) What is the scope of application of this law (both material and territorial)?
2) What are the principles of the UAE law related to personal data protection? And what are the individuals’ privacy rights?
3) How shall the concerned companies comply with this law and create an effective privacy framework?
4) What is the role of the UAE Data Office established by the federal decree-law no. 44 of 2021?
5) What is the process for reporting a personal data breach? What are the penalties for non-compliance?