Challenging the Arbitral Award at the Seat of Arbitration
***Counts towards the certificate in International Commercial Arbitration***
The course will be delivered by experienced senior lecturers from the University of East Anglia.
Target Audience: Lawyers, in house lawyers, policy makers, and judges
Description: The course covers the procedural and substantive grounds used in order to challenge the arbitral award at the seat of arbitration under English law, international practice, and with reference to the UAE new federal arbitration law.
- Understanding the nature of arbitral awards, and their status
- Understanding the procedural grounds upon which an award can be challenged such as the jurisdiction of the tribunal, and due process grounds.
- Understanding the substantive grounds upon which an award can be challenged, such as on public policy, and arbitrarily grounds.
- Appeal on question of law under Section 69 of the English Arbitration Act 1996
- Brief assessment of the new UAE Federal Law No.6 on Arbitration 2018 (Arbitration Law) in relation to challenge of the arbitral award
The courses are delivered either by Dr Youseph Farah or Dr Hakeem Seriki.