BOT Contracts (Arabic Language – AED 400)
Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) as a form of public private partnership involving the public entity and the private person has become a global innovative trend for governments seeking to finance their infrastructure and has gradually established itself as a driving force of the economic recovery in the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic. In Dubai in particular, the adoption in 2015 of a PPP law reflects the Emirate’s consciousness of the importance of PPP in general and BOT in particular, which was confirmed by the announcement made at Expo 2020 of new PPP projects portfolio worth AED 25 billion covering several vital sectors.
In this course, we will tackle the following topics:
- Definition, main characteristics of a BOT contract;
- Determination of the sectors and projects typically appropriate for BOTs;
- The different types of BOTs;
- Reasons of success and failure of a BOT project;
- Phases of a BOT project;
- Nature of a BOT contract and its legal regime;
- The main clauses of a BOT contract;
- Case study.