The aim of this course is to understand how to lawfully terminate a contract in the UAE, how to design contractual termination clauses accordingly, and how to formulate potential termination-related claims.
By the end of this course, you will have an understanding of the following:
- All key features of termination of contracts in the UAE
- The different regimes of termination of contracts being a consensual termination or a judicial termination
- The revocation of contract and an appreciation of the difference between revocation and termination
- The legal controversy around unilateral termination for convenience
- The termination regime of the contracts of works, or the so called Muqawala contracts
- The effect of termination on Contractual damages and a number of other significant clauses.